Riders On Board Snowboard Club
Providing expert coaching and guidance to Alberta's snowboard community by following the "Long Term Athlete Development Plan" as outlined by Canadian Sport For Life. Our athletes have had success at every level. Success, defined by each individual athlete, whether that means standing atop the podium, filming for videos and magazines or developing skills and confidence that provide the passion to participate in the sport for life. Each rider has different abilities and strengths and we pride ourselves on focusing on each riders individual goals.
A few cool facts about us:
- Riders On Board is Canada’s longest running snowboard club. This will be our 14th season!
- All of our coaches are certified, insured and are constantly furthering their education.
- We strive to provide a team atmosphere for the individual rider
- Places we have traveled to train or compete: BC- Whistler, Cypress, Big White, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, Nova Scotia- Martock,
- Quebec- Avila, Stoneham, Mt Tremblant, Ontario- Blue Mountain, Oregon- Mt Hood, Mt Batchelor, California- Mammoth Lakes,
- Bear Mountain, Lake Tahoe, Colorado- Vail, Keystone, Copper, Vermont- Stratton, Argentina- Cerro Catedral
- Four generations of riders have passed through our club throughout the years and many riders have turned into great coaches
- Over 150,000km traveled in our team Van (Passes through safety inspections every six months)
- We snowboard because its FUN